BCD996T - 6000 Channel Digital Capable Scanner
400 Systems, 6000 Channels*
* Creation of systems and channel groups use channel slots,
so the actual total channel count will be less than 6000.
Maximum Systems: 400
Maximum Channel Groups per System: 20
Maximum Channels in a Trunked System: 200
Maximum Channels in a Conventional System: Limits of memory
* Creation of Systems and Channel
Groups use some channel slots,
so the total number of channels could be less than 6000.
* Search with Scan
* Temporary Lockout
* 100 System/Site Quick Keys + 10 Group Quick Keys per System
* Startup Configuration lets you set systems
to be automatically locked or unlocked during power-up.
* Single-Handed Function Operation
* Priority Scan
* Priority Plus
* Channel Alert
* Dropout Delay
* Repeater Reverse
* Quick Recall quickly navigates to a specific Channel
by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
* Weather and SAME Alert
* 10 Custom Search Ranges
* Service Search Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Special, Military Air
* Tone Search Rapidly searches for the CTCSS/DCS used during a transmission.
* Fire Tone-Out
* Frequency Autostore
* ID Autostore
* Quick Search
* SOFT Search Keys let you assign search ranges to front-panel keys.
* 200 Search Lockouts
* Alpha Tagging For System, Group, Channel, Talkgroup ID, Custom Search Range and SAME Group. The scanner allows up to 16 characters for each name.
* Duplicate Input Alert
* Data Skip
* Broadcast Screen sets the scanner to ignore hits on Pager, FM, UHF TV, VHF TV, NOAA WX and custom band frequencies.
* Trunk Tracking supports the following systems:
Motorola: Type I 800 / Type II 800, 900, UHF, VHF, P25
EDACS: WIDE, NARROW, SCAT, LTR
* APCO Project 25 Decoder lets you listen to digitalized voice data that is compliant with the APCO Project25 standard.
* APCO Auto Adjust Threshold
* Multi-Site Trunking allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
* Control Channel Only mode
* Two-Color LCD and Keypad Backlight select red or green backlighting.
* Independent Alert Tone Volume lets you set the volume level of the following tones:
Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
* Key Lock
* Close Call RF Capture
* Close Call Do-Not-Disturb sets Close Call RF Capture to operate
only when no transmission is being received.
* Close Call Temporary Store automatically saves and scans the last 10 Close Call hits.
* PC Control
* Wired Cloning
* On-Air Programming
* Scan Speed 100 CH/Sec. in Scan Mode (max)
* Search Speed / Turbo Search 100 Steps/Sec. in Search Mode (max) - except for 5 kHz step. 300 Steps/Sec. in Search Mode (max) - (Turbo Search) - for 5 kHz step
* Memory Back Up
* Trunking Activity Indicators
* Audio AGC
* Location-Based Scanning Each system can include latitude, longitude, and range information and can be automatically enabled/disabled when a GPS is connected
and the unit is within the defined range of the system.
* Non-Radio Location-Based Features the scanner can include location alerts (that sound alert tones when the unit approaches a defined latitude/longitude) and speed-trap alerts (that sound alert tones if the unit is traveling at > than a set speed limit while it is within a grid area).
* GPS Display Mode displays location and travel information based on the GPS input.
The scanner will not include a GPS Receiver, an add-on GPS receiver will be required. Users will be able to define a LAT/LONG centerpoint for any system (conventional or trunked) and a range (in miles) that specifies the boundaries in a square box specifying where to turn the system on/off.
With the release of the scanner, the radioreference.com
database (RRDB) will have the ability to store the Lat/Long/Range settings
for conventional subcategories and trunked system sites.
NOTE: The Sale, Possession, Or Use Of Radar Detectors, Scanners,
Or Other Similar Devices May Not Be Legal In Some States