- Digital Triple Trunking Desktop/Mobile Scanner
- Intuitive "Object Oriented" User Interface Design
- Powerful and Flexible Scan List Functionality
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help
- Upgradeable CPU and DSP Firmware
- Flexible Free-Form Memory Organization
- GRE's Exclusive V-Scanner Technology
- Multi-System Trunking
- P25 NAC Functionality
- Remote Control Capability
- Exclusive ALERT LED
- Audible alarms
- GRE's Exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking
- GRE's Exclusive Digital AGC
- The Best Subaudible Squelch Decoder in the Scanning Industry
- High Speed PC Interface
- Powerful Spectrum Sweeper
- Real-time Signal Strength Indicator
- Trunking Control Data Output
- High Contrast LCD Display
- SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting
- SKYWARN Storm Spotter Functionality
- Sleek, Compact Case Design with Large Speaker
|Frequency Range||VHF Low||25.00000 - 54.00000 MHz.|
|VHF Aircraft||108.00000 - 136.99166 MHz|
|VHF High||137.00000 - 174.00000 MHz
216.00250 - 299.93750 MHz
|UHF Low/T||300.00000 - 512.00000 MHz|
|UHF High||764.00000 - 960.00000 MHz
1240.00000 - 1300.0000 MHz
2) Powerful and Flexible Scan List Functionality – Allows you to
arrange, group and scan objects according to your
preference, with no limit to the number or types of objects in a Scan List, and no limit to the number of Scan Lists
an object can be a member of.
3) Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help - Each menu
item provides a few lines of help text that
provide assistance with programming and using the scanner.
4) Upgradeable CPU and DSP Firmware - You can easily keep your radio
current with software enhancements as they
become available with free upgrades from our website!
5) Flexible Free-Form Memory Organization - Memory is assigned as
objects are created using a sophisticated internal
file management system. You are not constrained to traditional bank/channel scanner memory layouts. No memory
is wasted as a result of bank/channel programming constraints. The scanner has sufficient main memory capacity
to store over 1,800 conventional channels, trunking talkgroups, search configurations and Spectrum Sweeper
objects in any combination, providing ample capacity for more sophisticated hobbyists and professionals while
keeping the database size manageable for beginners.
6) GRE's Exclusive V-Scanner Technology - Allows you to save complete
radio configurations within the radio, for
recall into main memory as needed in the field. This is similar to having a laptop computer and programming
software available anytime. You can use V-Scanners to store configurations for different geographical areas
or usage styles. Twenty-one V-Scanner Folders are provided, each capable of storing over 1,800 objects.
Total memory capacity of main memory combined with V-Scanners is over 39,600 (1,800+37,800) objects!
7) Multi-System Trunking - Scans most common trunked radio system
signaling formats, including Motorola,
EDACS Standard, EDACS Narrow, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Talkgroup call and individual
call monitoring are supported. Supports trunking operation in virtually any land mobile radio band, including
700 MHz and the new Federal 380 MHz band!
8) P25 NAC Functionality - Much like CTCSS and DCS with analog signals,
P25 Network Access Code (NAC)
is used to provide selective squelch operation on conventional P25 digital channels. GRE's PSR-500 Advanced
Digital Scanner will detect the NAC that is being used on a P25 conventional digital channel, and will allow
you to program NAC codes to block transmissions that do not have a matching NAC,
including analog traffic on the same frequency!
9) Remote Control Capability - Can be used with third party application
software to remotely control the scanner
from a personal computer.
10) Exclusive ALERT LED - Programmable tri-color LED can be configured
to illuminate or flash when certain
objects are active. Eight user-defined colors and brightness levels can be specified from thousands of possible
combinations. Provides visual alerts when certain objects are active, e.g., blue can be used to signal activity
on a primary police call, red for fire, etc."
11) Audible alarms - Programmable audible alarms can be configured
to sound when certain objects are active.
Can be used in conjunction with, or separately from, the ALERT LED described above.
12) GRE's Exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking - When monitoring
Motorola and P25 digital systems,
instantly adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, then analyzes
the digital signal 50 times each second and adapts to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading.
No cumbersome manual adjustments are required.
13) GRE's Exclusive Digital AGC - Instantly compensates for low audio
levels that are very common on digital
systems. The radio is easier to listen to, and provides you with a more enjoyable scanning experience.
14) The Best Subaudible Squelch Decoder in the Scanning Industry
- CTCSS and DCS subaudible squelch
coding is processed by the same powerful DSP chip that is used for P25 digital decoding. Provides fast
and reliable decoding of subaudible squelch signaling with squelch tail elimination.
15) High Speed PC Interface - Uses GRE's 30-3290 USB cable in full
duplex mode at 6 times the speed of
previous scanner models for PC transfer and 8 times the speed of previous models for radio-to-radio cloning.
16) Powerful Spectrum Sweeper - Quickly sweeps the scanner's frequency
ranges for transmissions from nearby
17) Real-time Signal Strength Indicator - Shows relative strength of received signals.
18) Trunking Control Data Output - Streams decoded trunking control
data from your PSR-500 to a personal
computer for use with popular third party trunking control channel monitoring software. No slicer needed!
Also streams NOAA weather radio SAME alert data!
19) High Contrast LCD Display - Provides one row of dedicated icons,
and four rows of 16 characters for
programming and scanning operations.
20) SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting - GRE's PSR-500 Advanced
Digital Scanner can operate in dedicated
SAME weather alerting mode, and alert you to severe weather and other hazards in the specific area(s) that you
select, or, the scanner can check your local NOAA weather frequency periodically, even while scanning, and alert
you when an All Hazards alert occurs.
21) SKYWARN Storm Spotter Functionality – Provides instant, one button
access to frequencies used by storm
spotter networks. You can monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions
before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.